Sunday, March 27, 2011

Grief

I've been sitting here staring at this screen for a while now, trying to figure out what to write. I've started and restarted at least 3 times.

This weekend, I've watched grown men weep and mothers cry out in anguish. I've been in a room where literally all the air has been sucked out and grief has slammed itself on our shoulders. I've cried tears and held hands and begged God and loved on friends.

I am physically, emotionally, and spiritually exhausted.
I weep for the parents who're making tough decisions. I weep for the brother and sisters who will probably never see him again. I weep for my friends who are so broken. I weep for the children who saw things no child should see. I weep for my community that's still reeling with a new reality, a family that will never be the same, mourning loved ones who are so far away.

Please pray for school tomorrow. We have so many that are directly and indirectly involved. The father is a teacher, the brother and sister are students, the mom is a leader with our parents. It's a staff member, a co-worker, a friend, a student, a loved one.

Pray for the family as things are being decided. Unimaginably hard decisions, ones that no parent should have to make.

Pray for His peace and comfort and wisdom and guidance on my community here.

1 comment:

Jill said...

My heart breaks for you and this boy's family. My prayer is for peace and comfort. I love you, friend. Know that I am lifting you up.