Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bullet Points #2- Spring Break

Every time I do this kind of post it means that I'm making myself do it. Blogging for me is like cleaning the house. If I don't keep up with it, things pile up so high I think "what's the point?". So, "bullet points" is a drive-by cleaning of sorts.
  • It's Spring Break and I've had a lovely week. My friend Abby came to visit from Wuhan and we've had a lot of fun. I definitely laughed A LOT.
  • Monday we had a Disney marathon. We watched Mulan, Tarzan, Lion King, and Aladdin. Good times.
  • On Tuesday, Abby and I decided to take the ferry over to Huangdao (Hooahngdow). It's the other peninsula across the bay. It's about a 45 min trip across the water. It was supposed to be a day trip to the beach full of sunshine and reading and relaxing. Instead it was full of searching for the ferry, bus rides and lost iPods. It took us 5 different people, a closed yacht club, a taxi, a bus, a REALLY long line, and a 45 min. ride on the ferry to get to the island. A total of 4 hours. We then ate dinner, walked down by the water, and then left. A total of an hour and half. Yes, really. And within that measly hour and half, I lost my iPod. It was an adventure for sure.
  • Did I mention I lost my iPod? My dear sweet iPod? The love of my life?
  • It's like God's trying to teach me to live without technology.
  • I've now lost 2 cellphones, have a broken laptop and camera and now the iPod.
  • Arg.
  • You know how some people aren't morning people or night people? I'm not an after-noon person. From 1-4pm, stick a fork in my, I'm done.
  • I have some friends that play in a band at a restaurant in town. Tuesday night they had me come on stage and sing a couple of songs. I Will Always Love You and My Heart Will Go On. Why? Why would I sing THOSE songs? I know, they make your ears bleed. Two things. 1. The Chinese LOVE them. 2. They're the only songs I know the lyrics to.
  • I've decided that sweet & sour pork is my FAVORITE Chinese dish. Ever.
  • Good conversations. I love good conversations. I've had lots of them this week. It's been a good week.
  • Have you seen the movie "Red"? You must. It is hi-larious.
  • So, when you get a new cellphone, you have to buy a phone number. Different numbers cost different amounts. If it's an unlucky number or contains unlucky numbers, it'll be cheap. But if it's a good number, it can cost an arm and a leg, I prefer cheap and unlucky...of course, I do keep losing my phone. Maybe I should reconsider.

That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have quite a mix of good times and bad times. You know those chains that people sometimes wear around their necks to hold their glasses? Well, I'm saying you need several of them for your Ipod and cell phone. It doesn't matter how that would look (dorky). It only matters that you would know where they are! Mom

Jen said...

I think that's a great idea. Except I'd be afraid my hair would get caught in them.