Every time I do this kind of post it means that I'm making myself do it. Blogging for me is like cleaning the house. If I don't keep up with it, things pile up so high I think "what's the point?". So, "bullet points" is a drive-by cleaning of sorts.
- It's Spring Break and I've had a lovely week. My friend Abby came to visit from Wuhan and we've had a lot of fun. I definitely laughed A LOT.
- Monday we had a Disney marathon. We watched Mulan, Tarzan, Lion King, and Aladdin. Good times.
- On Tuesday, Abby and I decided to take the ferry over to Huangdao (Hooahngdow). It's the other peninsula across the bay. It's about a 45 min trip across the water. It was supposed to be a day trip to the beach full of sunshine and reading and relaxing. Instead it was full of searching for the ferry, bus rides and lost iPods. It took us 5 different people, a closed yacht club, a taxi, a bus, a REALLY long line, and a 45 min. ride on the ferry to get to the island. A total of 4 hours. We then ate dinner, walked down by the water, and then left. A total of an hour and half. Yes, really. And within that measly hour and half, I lost my iPod. It was an adventure for sure.
- Did I mention I lost my iPod? My dear sweet iPod? The love of my life?
- It's like God's trying to teach me to live without technology.
- I've now lost 2 cellphones, have a broken laptop and camera and now the iPod.
- You know how some people aren't morning people or night people? I'm not an after-noon person. From 1-4pm, stick a fork in my, I'm done.
- I have some friends that play in a band at a restaurant in town. Tuesday night they had me come on stage and sing a couple of songs. I Will Always Love You and My Heart Will Go On. Why? Why would I sing THOSE songs? I know, they make your ears bleed. Two things. 1. The Chinese LOVE them. 2. They're the only songs I know the lyrics to.
- I've decided that sweet & sour pork is my FAVORITE Chinese dish. Ever.
- Good conversations. I love good conversations. I've had lots of them this week. It's been a good week.
- Have you seen the movie "Red"? You must. It is hi-larious.
- So, when you get a new cellphone, you have to buy a phone number. Different numbers cost different amounts. If it's an unlucky number or contains unlucky numbers, it'll be cheap. But if it's a good number, it can cost an arm and a leg, I prefer cheap and unlucky...of course, I do keep losing my phone. Maybe I should reconsider.
That is all.