- I'm coaching my 4th year of JV volleyball this year. I played volleyball all the way through my JH and HS years and it's one of my passions. I love coaching JV because they're malleable and it's so neat to see how much they improve. Something new and exciting is that this is my first time coaching boys. I am having a blast.
- I have recently discovered that I'm very self-centered in one area (I'm sure more than one but one in particular has been brought to my attention lately) of my life. So much so, that I didn't even know it was happening. Yes, it was that bad. Marching on towards improvement. It's just mind blowing to have something brought to your attention when you had no idea you were doing it. Arg.
- It's kind of like my hair sniffing. Apparently, I sniff my own hair. A lot. I never knew it. Someone brought it to my attention several months ago and I was horrified. I mean, really. Who wants to be known as the hair sniffer!?! How can one do something so bizarre and not know it? I wore my hair up for 2 months straight. I now no longer sniff my hair, unless I do, but then I at least notice I'm doing it. Usually. Hopefully.
- My new Model United Nations program seems to be working well. I feel like I'm still a step behind because it's all so new but I think it's going to come together with a few tweaks here and there.
- I love living alone. Love. It. I spend all day and most evenings with people and then I get to come home to a completely silent house. It's the perfect.
- I'm learning the guitar...ish. I've decided that it's really time. I'm going to do it. I've learned 4 chords which is 4 more than I've ever known before. They may not sound great and it may take me 8 minutes to transition between each chord, but dang it, I know them.
- My communication skills are being honed. I've had to have some really difficult conversations this week, several of them actually, and if nothing else, I'm learning how to effectively communicate.
- Words of the week: intentional, pursue, community, initiate, love.
- This is a really boring list. I've been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to spice it up...clearly, no such luck.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Random Thoughts #212
Lots of things to write about but nothing worthy of a full post...bullet points are best.